Howdy from the Prairies of Canada

Section for new members to introduce themselves and get tips and advice on how to get the best out of the forum.

Howdy from the Prairies of Canada

Postby NWMPMoose » 01 Nov 2017 23:31

I have been reading this forum for quite some time now, and figured I might as well join in on the fun! I'm hoping I'll be able to contribute some of my knowledge to the forum, and that someone will find it beneficial. I am also looking forward to continue my learning on the subject, which is so easily done with the help of our forum members. Any suggestions on how to make the most of my experience on this site would be greatly appreciated!

I have an extreme interest in the Northwest Rebellion of 1885, and a general fascination with other British military campaigns of the late Victorian era. My range of interest lies primarily between 1867 and 1902. I have furiously studied the battles, battlefields, tactics, uniforms, accoutrements, campaigns, weapons, and so forth of this era, and particularly of the rebellion, in my spare time over the past several years. Each year, my interest seems to grow, and I find myself devoting more of my time to research. I have found some excellent sources of information that I would love to share over time, should anyone be interested.

I am hoping I'll be able to put my interest to use in reenacting, or demonstrations of some sort, but due to the population where I live, and the lack of interest in nearby towns, there are no reenactment groups that I know of within hundreds of kilometres. Should anyone on here have tips on how to get into historical demonstrations or whatnot, without requiring a group, I am eager to hear what you have to say.

I have never been a part of any online forums in the past, so this is a first for me. I might take some time to adjust, but I am certainly looking forward to trying this, and hope I'll come to fit in just fine!
NWMPMoose

Re: Howdy from the Prairies of Canada

Postby ED, in Los Angeles » 02 Nov 2017 04:38

Welcome from a North American continent neighbor. California. You will not find any problems adjusting here. It is an open forum so you can join in on ANY discussion at ANY time you wish. It is that simple.....Ed in Los Angeles
ED, in Los Angeles

Postby QSAMIKE » 02 Nov 2017 05:07

Welcome to the forum Moose........

Mike
Mike C.
Past - President Calgary Military Historical Society
Member OMRS 1591
QSAMIKE
Veteran Member

Postby NWMPMoose » 02 Nov 2017 17:26

Thank you both for the welcome. I think I found the forums I'll be most active on, but as you mentioned Ed, I'll probably also be jumping around posting where I could be of some help, or of course where I think I could learn from.
NWMPMoose

Postby 95th » 03 Nov 2017 12:04

Hello and welcome aboard Moose!
95th

Postby Mark » 03 Nov 2017 14:14

Welcome to the forum!

Mark
Mark Simner BA (Hons) MSc | Web: http://marksimner.me.uk | Twitter @marksimner
Mark
Forum Administrator

Postby GrantRCanada » 09 Nov 2017 07:58

Welcome to the Forums! What part of the Canadian Prairies do you call home? I am in Medicine Hat ...
GrantRCanada
Veteran Member

Postby NWMPMoose » 09 Nov 2017 15:14

Thanks again for the welcome! I live in southwestern Manitoba.
NWMPMoose

Return to New Members