Collection Being Sold

Advertise items for sale or wanted here.

Collection Being Sold

Postby jjwdrake » 06 Aug 2017 22:32

Hi all

I'm in the process of shedding a collection of Victorian militaria I built up between roughly 2000 and 2012. Smaller items have already been sold on Ebay and I'll continue to post things there (seller name jjwdrake). I'll offer larger items, swords etc here if people are interested. Selection below, please PM me if of interest and I can send pics and more details. I really don't want to work out how to safely ship or post these, so being offered with a view to direct sale for collection (South of England). Examples:

P1845 senior officer sword Wilkinson numbered 5073 (1854), sword of Henry Hope Graham CB, served China 1852-59, present at the capture of Canton 1857, then Peiho River and capture of Nantow, Colonel 77th Foot to 1881, then Colonel 2nd Battalion Duke of Cambridge's Own. In good condition, folding guard, crossed sword and baton to cartouche (sword broken) blade quite straight and spear pointed, in poor condition later Indian pattern brown leather scabbard with nickel/german silver? throat (HHG was stationed in India late in career)

P1821 Honeysuckle hilted heavy cavalry officer sabre blade bearing a Napoleonic eagle over WATERLOO which I believe makes this a 2nd Dragoons/Scots Greys example(?), in its steel scabbard. Blade good, etching faded but visible, creases to scabbard. Retailed by Buckmaster

P1821 light cavalry trooper sabre, no scabbard, marked 8 over 525 (presumed 8th Hussars, a Light Brigade regiment)

P1845 Rifle Brigade officer sword from JB Johnstone & Co of London and Dublin. No scabbard. Blade good, etching faded, but strung Bugle and Rifle Brigade visible both sides of blade

P1854 field officer sword from Phelps of Calcutta, fixed gothic hilt, sword and baton cartouche, brass scabbard with nickel/GS throat, etching clear, with VR crown and sword and baton

1845-54 Grenadier Guards officer sword retailed by Linney of Regent Street, brass hilted with traces of gilt, in its brown-black leather scabbard with locket and frog stud. Personal crest visible on blade, some damage, see pics in the Balaclava Swords thread

Coming up: a selection of regimentally marked P1853 trooper sabres (4th LD, 2nd D, 5th DG x 2, Royal Dragoons, 6th D); 1803-16 Grenadier guards officer sword, full size Zulu war shield with original stick, assegais, Sudanese paddle spear, MKI/II Martini Henry, 1876 dated.
jjwdrake

Re: Collection Being Sold

Postby RobD » 07 Aug 2017 17:06

I've sent you a PM - can you let me know if it reaches you, as I'm having some problems with my computer.
Rob
RobD

Postby jjwdrake » 08 Aug 2017 20:52

PM received and responded to
jjwdrake

Postby jplu2 » 12 Aug 2017 14:26

PM and email sent, not sure if you got it?
jplu2

Return to British Victorian Militaria for Sale or Wanted